Welcome to editing: It’s all about you
Welcome to 201, Principles of Editing.
Please copy this and then answer each question below in the comment section designated for your class. Make sure you (1) put your name at the top and (2) that you pay attention to spelling and grammar. After all, this is an editing class. Don’t push the button until you flawlessly edit what you’ve written.
Finally, if there’s something relevant about yourself that you want to add, please do so.
- Your Name. Year in school.
- Where are you from?
- Why did you come to the University of Nebraska-Lincoln?
- What is your major?
- Career Goals?
- Why are you taking this course (besides the fact it is required)? What do you hope to get out of it?
- Outside interests, hobbies, avocations, things you are passionate about?
- Tell me one interesting or surprising thing about you – something that makes you unique.
- Are you the first person in your family to attend a university?
- On a scale from 1 to 10, with 10 being top-notch, how would you rate your knowledge of grammar, punctuation and AP style?
- What books are you reading or have read in the past three months?
- What magazines, newspapers and news Web sites do you read regularly?
- What is your favorite Web site?
- Do you blog?
- Do you have any media/communication experience? If so, what?
- Are you pursuing a media related internship or job at this time?
- Do you have an updated resume in your files?