201 students: Tell me about yourselves
Please copy this and then write a short autobiography as a comment to the lab section below that you are in. Answer the following questions and anything else you think might be relevant.
Make sure you (1) put your name at the top and (2) that you are doing this in the correct lab section. Once completed, go back and flawlessly edit it.
- Name. Year in school.
- Where are you from?
- Why did you come to the University of Nebraska-Lincoln?
- What is your major?
- Career Goals?
- Why are you taking this course (besides the fact it is required)? What do you hope to get out of it?
- Outside interests, hobbies, avocations, things you are passionate about?
- Tell me one interesting or surprising thing about you – something that makes you unique.
- Are you the first person in your family to attend a university?
- On a scale from 1 to 10, with 10 being top-notch, how would you rate your knowledge of grammar, punctuation and AP style?
- What books are you reading and have read in the last three months?
- What magazines, newspapers and news Web sites do you read regularly?
- What is your favorite Web site?
- Do you blog?
- Do you have any media/communication experience? If so, what?
- Are you pursuing a media related internship or job at this time?
- Do you have an updated resume in your files?